Derby’s biggest fireworks display returns to The Pattonair County Ground on Sunday 3 November, with our Fireworks Night & Fun Fair spectacular, in partnership with Pattonair.
Over 10,000 people attended the event in 2018 – and this year’s event is set to be even bigger.
There will be a large fun fair, suitable for all ages, food and drink outlets, entertainment on stage from Smooth Radio’s Gareth Evans and Darley Dance, before the biggest fireworks display in Derby illuminates the night’s sky.
To help plan your night with us, please read the below visitor information to ensure your visit is safe, enjoyable and comfortable.
Fireworks Night & Fun Fair
Sunday 3 November – The Pattonair County Ground, Derby
4pm – Gates open, fun fair starts and catering units open
6pm – Entertainment and music on stage from Smooth Radio’s Gareth Evans
From 7pm – Fireworks display
9.30pm – Fun Fair closes
Purchased before midnight on Sat 2 Nov
|On the night|
|Juniors (under 12s)||£3||£3|
(two adults, two juniors)
Please note; there is a £2 booking fee per order for all online or sales over the phone to cover admin and postage costs.
Tickets can be purchased online HERE, over the phone on 01332 388 101 or in person at The Pattonair County Ground; Nottingham Road, Derby; DE21 6DA. Tickets will also be available to buy on the gate on the night.
All tickets/car park passes purchased on or before Tuesday 29 October will be posted out to the address provided.
Any tickets purchased after Tuesday 29 October will be available to collect in advance from reception at The Pattonair Pavilion, or on the night from the ticket collection point located by the main Pattonair Pavilion.
We encourage all customers who pre-purchase tickets after Tuesday 29 October to collect their tickets in advance from reception to help beat the queues on the night.
Reception at The Pattonair County Ground will be open from 9am – 5pm on Saturday 2 November and from 9am – 2pm on Sunday 3 November to buy tickets, or collect those purchased after Tuesday 29 October.
– to comply with ground regulations, under-13s must be accompanied by an adult.
– All tickets purchased on Sunday 3 November will be charged at the on the gate price.
The are several points of entry to the ground for pedestrians to enter on foot on the night;
- There are three main general admission entrances;
- via the Pattonair Pavilion gates, which can be reached from Pentagon Island and Nottingham Road.
- via the gate opposite the Travelodge, which can be reached from either Sir Frank Whittle Road or Pentagon Island/Nottingham Road.
- via the pedestrian gate off the Racecourse Car Park.
- Those wishing to pay by card on the night should enter via the gate next to the Boundary Bar, opposite Nuffield Gym
- If you have pre-purchased tickets, but wish to collect them on the night, please collect from the Ticket Collection Point at a designated marquee by the main Pattonair Pavilion entrance, which can be reached from Pentagon Island and Nottingham Road.
The Club is advising all guests to give plenty of time to arrive and plan their journey in advance. Gates open at 4pm.
Please note that sparklers and fireworks are not allowed to be brought into the ground on the night.
Pre-purchased car parking has now sold out. A limited amount of on-the-night parking will be available at Pentagon House (address below).
Car Parking is available at the following sites;
- Car Park B – Racecourse Car Park, entry off St Marks Road (DE21 6AL) – pre-booking only
- Car Park D – Pentagon House, entry off Stores Road (DE21 4XA)
Your pre-paid parking ticket will which car park you can park in.
Limited accessible parking is available on-site. To secure your accessible parking space, please call 01332 388 101 in advance of the night. All car parks will be stewarded.
While the Club will always try to accommodate all vehicles visiting the ground, admittance will be on a first come, first served basis. We ask that all visitors try and schedule their arrival at the ground, allowing plenty of time.
If you do plan on driving to the event, please take note of planned roadworks close to the venue. Click HERE for more details.
Food and Drink
There will be a wide variety of food and drinks on offer on the evening.
Fish and chips
Hot pork baps
Coffee and waffle
And so much more…
Good to know
- We are advising all visitors to give plenty of time to arrive at the ground. Gates open at 4pm
- If you need to collect your pre-purchased tickets, we advise you do so before Sunday night
- We recommend wrapping up warm and wearing sensible footwear for the outdoor event
- Reusable cups will be in operation, with a £1 refundable deposit
- There are no cash machines on-site. We advise bringing cash on the day. The nearest cash points are located at the Texaco garage off Pentagon Island
- Sparklers and fireworks are not allowed to be brought into the ground
- Dogs are not allowed entry
- Alcohol is not allowed to be brought into the ground
- No glass or cans are allowed
- What time do the gates open?
Gates open from 4pm, with plenty to see and do around The Pattonair County Ground prior to the start of the fireworks display. The ground will close at 9.30pm.
- What time do the fireworks start?
The fireworks display starts from 7pm.
- What time does the Fun Fair open and close?
The Fun Fair will be open from 4pm and will close at 9.30pm.
- How much does the Fun Fair cost?
The Fun Fair is operated by a world-renowned fair and entertainment company and each ride is priced individually. We recommend bringing cash to purchase ride tickets.
- Can I bring my own chair?
Camping chairs, or similar, are not permitted into the venue. The main Exeve Falcons Stand will be open with seating available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Can I bring alcohol into the venue?
Guests are not permitted to bring their own alcohol onto the premises, however there are a variety of concession units available offering alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- What happens if it rains?
The display can go ahead in rain, however strict regulations are in place for extreme weather and high winds. In instances of extreme weather, checks will be made on the night before a decision can be made.
- Are dogs allowed in to the ground?
Dogs will not be allowed into the ground for this event.
- Are sparklers allowed?
Sparklers will not be allowed for this event due to health and safety regulations.
- Will there be on-stage entertainment?
Smooth Radio’s Gareth Evans will be entertaining the crowd with great music, as well as displays from profesional performers Darley Dance from 6pm until the fireworks begin.
- What time does the ground close?
The Pattonair County Ground will close at 9.30pm.
- Kids go free under what age?
Children under the age of three will be granted admission to the event free-of charge.
- Are there cash machines on-site?
There are no cash machines on-site. The nearest cash points are located at the Texaco garage off Pentagon Island. Although the catering units do accept card payments, we advise all ticket-buyers to bring cash on the night, as the fun fair will be cash only.
- Will reusable cups be in operation?
Reusable cups will be in operation on the night and can be purchased for a refundable deposit of £1. Full details of our reusable cup policy can be found HERE.
Buy tickets before midnight on Saturday 2 November and save. To buy, or for more information, please call 01332 388 101, email firstname.lastname@example.org.